Standard-height flush toilets are in almost every house you go to. But they aren’t exactly the most comfortable to use, especially if you are a tall person. Seniors and People with disabilities also find them challenging to use. And for averaged-height individuals, your legs can feel numb when you sit for long on a standard-height toilet.
Luckily, there’s a better-designed toilet from Convenient Height, and it’s the first of its kind in the world. Keep on reading, and we’ll tell you all about this tall toilet.
- Extra tall toilet bowl: 20 inches. Height top of seat: 21". Solid metal handle and new generation dual flush system
- Adds bathroom safety. Helps sit down and stand up more easily. Helps prevent falls.
- High performance. Designed and engineered by Convenient Height Co., Massachusetts
- Approved by Board of Registration of Plumbers, CEC. May qualify for Tax Deduction as medical expense
- Dual flush valve 1.28 gal/full, 0.9 gal/light. Advanced packaging. Guaranteed safe delivery.
The Convenient Height Toilet is for people who find it challenging to bend easily. At its height of 20 inches, this model is 5 inches taller than a standard toilet, but still convenient to use. Its seat measures one inch, and the toilet is designed with bathroom safety measures to prevent falls and help you stand and sit comfortably.
This extra tall toilet from Convenient Height is water-efficient and uses only 1.28 gallons of water for its full flush, and 0.9 gallons for its light flush. It’s a sturdy two-piece toilet that’ll fit in small bathrooms easily.
The 20-inch high toilet comes in only one color, and you can install it all by yourself.
- Dimensions: 27 x 15 x 36 inches
- Colour: White
- Shape: Elongated
- Water consumption: 1.28/ 0.9 gallons per flush
- Flush Type: Dual; lift for a full flush, pull for a light flush
- Usage: Suitable for residential bathrooms
- Size: 20 inches
- Included components: Toilet tank, toilet seat, toilet bowl, flushing mechanism
- Number of handles: 1
- Handle placement: Front left
- Installation method: Standard floor-mounted
- Manufacturer: Convenient Height
- Toilet weight: 120 pounds
Features of the tall toilet
The Convenient Height toilet model is not just tall. It has several exciting features that’ll make using a toilet so much easier. Here are a couple of them:
1. Safety and Compatibility
Since it is tall, the first impression people usually have is that the toilet won’t fit in small bathrooms and tight spaces. However, this extra tall toilet is compactly designed. It measures 27 x 15 x 35 inches, and unless you have a minimal bathroom space to work with, this two-piece toilet can be placed in any bathroom.
Having a tall toilet like this model can raise safety concerns for a few people. However, Convenient Height put this in mind when designing the toilet. The toilet eliminates virtually all the inconveniences and safety risks that come with using a standard or low toilet.
This is perhaps the best feature of the Convenient Height model. It is an elegantly-designed toilet that comes in color white to match any bathroom it is installed in. The bowl, seat, and toilet height are all carefully designed so that anyone can use it conveniently. You can also expect not to have any flushing or clogging issue when using this 20-inch toilet.
The Convenient Height toilet also offers comforts to its users with its elongated bowl design. It has a stabilized base, so when it is installed correctly, the toilet should not rock. The compact and elongated shape of its seat makes sitting on it comfortable for a wide range of people. The toilet also has structural reinforcements with its high load-bearing capacity.
3. Flushing System
If you’ve struggled with the flushing system of your current toilet, then installing this 21-inch tall toilet (when measured to its seat) will make things easier for you. It has a tower flush valve, which ensures that a high velocity of water is used in every flush. This high force allows the easy ridding of waste from the bowl.
The Convenient Height toilet, unlike many other standard-height ones, uses a dual flush mechanism, which makes it water efficient. But even in the large flush, it uses less water than a standard toilet, which makes the toilet EPA WaterSense certified.
Its trapway is also very wide, and that ensures that a large mass of waste is removed easily from the toilet.
4. Corrosion resistance
The sturdy design is one of the fantastic features of this toilet. However, any toilet that isn’t made from a corrosion-resistant material will need to be replaced often. The Convenient Height toilet features a corrosion-resistant plastic handle that without rough-handling, should last for several years to come.
5. Ease of Installation
This tall toilet is one of those that you can install entirely on your own, but we do not advise you to do that. Convenient Height recommends you outsource the installation to a professional plumber who understands the workings of a dual flush valve. Even when it is done by this professional, it’s a fairly simple process.
The toilet is produced by a truly reliable brand, which is why a 3-year warranty on its components is provided to users. The warranty protects against any defect in the chinaware material and workmanship.
What we liked about the Convenient Height Toilet (Pros)
- It is water-efficient: You don’t have to waste water if only a small mass of waste needs to be removed from the bowl.
- It is comfortable to use: When sitting, your legs should be at 90 degrees, but this can be a real problem for tall people. The 20-inch toilet bowl solves this problem excellently and allows anyone to comfortably sit, whether you’re tall, sick, or disabled.
- It uses a slow-closing seat: You don’t need to slam the seat of this toilet before it closes. Its seat was designed to close as quietly as possible.
- The toilet is durable: It will last for years to come because it is made from a sturdy and corrosion-resistant material.
What we don’t like about the Convenient Height Toilet (Cons)
- The toilet only comes in white: At the moment, Convenient Height does not make this toilet in any color that isn’t white. This is a bit limiting if you want your toilet to blend with the color of your bathroom.
- The toilet’s handle is made from plastic: It’s a nice handle, but eventually, when a lot of force is used in flushing, it’ll break. Instead of plastic, we would have preferred if it was made from brass or any other strong metal.
- The toilet is not for everyone in the house: It’s not a general-purpose toilet, and kids cannot use it.
How is the tall toilet delivered
Since its bowl measures 20-inch, extra care has to be taken when transporting this toilet to its destination. But not to worry, Convenient Height puts this factor into consideration. When you order for the toilet, it’ll come in two separate boxes:
- Box One: The first box contains the toilet bowl. It is protected by double foams, with the first layer made to fit the shape of the bowl. Double cardboard is also used to ensure that it doesn’t break in the process.
- Box Two: The second box contains the toilet tank. Again, it also comes with two layers of foam and cardboard protection.
How to clean the tall toilet
Most people think that the tall toilet is difficult to clean because they imagine that it’ll come with a standard toilet brush. But this is not true. Not only does the Convenient Height toilet come with its brush that makes it easy to reach in and clean, but it also cleans up faster.
Here’s how to properly clean your Convenient Height toilet.
- Get ready to clean the toilet: You must grab everything you need before you begin so that you don’t waste much time. A couple of things you’ll need are;
- Toilet brush
- A toilet cleaner
- Paper towels
- Rubber gloves
- Nose masks
The rubber glove you decide to use should be only for cleaning the toilet. You can buy them in a unique color so that you never confuse them with other rubber gloves you use around the house. Also, any other toilet brush that isn’t the one made for the Convenient Height toilet may not be any good for you.
- Apply the toilet cleaner on the sides of the bowl: Spray the toilet cleaner very close to the top of the bowl. Make sure that it doesn’t dilute until it’s on its way down. Also, remember to scrub the inside of the rim. This is one area that is usually forgotten after prolonged use of the toilet.
- Scrub the toilet’s bowl with a brush: The toilet brush should be firm and bristled so that it can remove the dirt from the toilet. Use it to scrub the bowl, paying attention to stains that may accumulate at the back and along the water level of the bowl. Remember that the more thoroughly you wash, the cleaner it becomes.
- Clean the handle: People rarely clean the handle of their toilet, and this is an area that can get filled with bacteria over time. Use a disinfectant and a couple of paper towels to give it a good wipe.
- Clean the toilet lid and body: Once the bowl and handle are completed, the next area to focus on is the tank lid and the body of the Convenient Height toilet. We advise that you do not use a rag because they can breed germs. The ideal tool to use is a paper towel. But if you must use an old toothbrush, make sure that it is disinfected and clean.
- Lastly, flush the toilet. The toilet should look better than before after washing it. If it doesn’t, then you should get a stronger cleaner or use the same one and clean it again. Do not throw the paper towels in the toilet because they can clog it.
Also, as aftercare, make sure you wash your hands immediately after removing your gloves. Small water from the process may have splashed into your gloves.
What’s the difference between a tall and a standard-height toilet?
From this review so far, you probably can already guess them. But, here are a couple of differences between standard-height and tall toilets anyway:
- Many standard toilets do not meet the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) recommended height for toilets. However, virtually all tall toilets meet this height set by the ADA.
- Standard-height toilets have good flushing systems. But you’ll get a faster and better flushing system in tall toilets.
- Standard-height toilets are designed for average-height people and can be used by children. However, tall toilets are made for the elderly, disabled, or tall people, and not for children.
Resolved concerns of the Convenient Height Toilet
Any new product will have a couple of concerns when it gets released. The Convenient Height toilet had a couple of issues initially, but they have now been resolved. Here are some of them:
- Handle concerns: A lot of customers complained about the handle of this toilet, and Convenient Height has responded by producing a stronger one to go with the toilet.
- Shaky water tank: This issue occurs only in two-piece toilets. A shaky tank is caused when the connecting gasket of the tank is not correctly installed, thereby pushing the tank from its bowl. To solve this problem, a rubber gasket should be placed through the bottom hole of the tank to allow for proper connection of the tank and bowl.
- Inadequate flush: Even though the toilet uses a dual flush mechanism, some users have complained about the flush of the Convenient Height toilet. In improving the flush of the toilet, there are two things you can do;
- Correctly install the fill valve and calibrate it to allow more water in. This can be done by turning the adjusting screw of the fill valve clockwise.
- Proper calibration of the flush valve.
Convenient Height is a leading company in the toilet industry. The Massachusetts-based company makes lots of toilets, but this extra tall one is sure to attract the attention of a lot of its customers. Not only is it a comfortable toilet to use, but it also has a slow-close seat, an elongated design, and many other exciting features.
This model is a water-efficient toilet that you’ll want to have in your home. Trust us!
Last update on 2020-11-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API